Frequently Asked Questions
- Chilled mirror hygrometers: Yes, generally every 1 to 2 years.
- Aluminum oxide hygrometers: Yes, generally once per year, dependent on severity of application.
- P2O5 hygrometers: Yes, generally every 6 months to 1 year, dependent on severity of application.
- Relative humidity hygrometers: Yes, generally once per year.
- Oxygen analyzers: Yes, generally every 6 months or more often depending on the application.
Please contact the ETI Service Department (see #2 above) to obtain an RMA Number
Recertification turnaround time is dependent on the instrument being recertified but generally is 2 weeks after receipt of the instrument at ETI.
a. Yes. Please contact your local sales representative or ETI directly at:
Yes. Our ISO/IEC 17025 Accreditation covers calibration for the following types of instrumentation:
a. Chilled mirror hygrometers:
- Highly accurate
- No drift
- Broad moisture range
- Fundamental principle
b. Aluminum oxide hygrometers:
- Large scope of applications
- Very broad moisture range
- Dew/Frost point or PPMv/PPBv ranges
- Cost effective
c. Phosphorus pentoxide hygrometers:
- Trace moisture range (0.1 to 1250 PPMv)
- Highly accurate
- Quick response
d. Relative humidity hygrometers:
- Broad relative humidity range (0 to 99%)
- Chemically resistive polymer sensor
- Very cost effective
- Best value for ambient type applications
“ABC” stands for Automatic Balance Cycle which rebalances the optics within the chilled mirror sensor enhancing the accuracy of the measurement.
“FSV” stands for Field Span Verification which allows the user of the ETI AcuDew Moisture Transmitter to check and re-span the transmitter, correcting for any deviation in between calibrations.
The ETI OxyTrans is an easy to install and operate oxygen transmitter utilizing fuel cell technology to measure the oxygen concentration. The OxyTrans available ranges are:
- 0-100 ppm
- 0-1,000 ppm
- 0-10,000 ppm
- Net 30 days upon credit approval
- Credit card (American Express, MasterCard, & VISA)
a. For stock items (i.e. AcuDew Transmitters, HP-125 RH Probes, etc.): 1-2 Weeks ARO
c. For products built to order (i.e. configurable instruments): 4 Weeks ARO
d. Custom products and special orders: The factory must be consulted
e. The Edgetech Instruments Sales office should be contacted for more definitive lead time information:
a. Yes, dependent on the instrument request.
b. The AcuDew Moisture Transmitter offers a Transmitter Trade-In (TTI) program where a refurbished (fully warranted) AcuDew is provided prior to the original transmitter being removed form its application, virtually eliminating customer downtime.
c. Other instruments may be eligible for trade-in or upgrade, even competitive instrumentation. If interested, please contact the ETI Sales Office:
Repair turnaround time is completely dependent on the instrument and the specific repair required. This generally is not known until the instrument is returned to ETI and evaluated.
The best way to submit your application details is to click the “Request a Quote” button on the ETI website home page and then complete & submit the Application Support Request Form provided there.
a. When measuring frost points below -40oC, it is highly recommended to use stainless steel material (tubing, fittings, etc.)
b. The recommended flowrates across the moisture sensors are generally between 1 and 3 SCFH.
c. Locate as many sample system components (pressure gauges, flowmeters, etc.) as possible downstream of the moisture sensor in order to minimize the number of fittings (leak sources) and wetted surface area (off-gassing sources) upstream that may affect the moisture measurement.